The LKY Musical
From 7 Sep - 2 Oct 2022 | Sands Theatre, Marina Bay Sands
One of the most successful Singaporean shows of all-time, The LKY Musical, returns this September.
Presented by Aiwei and Singapore Repertory Theatre, this will be the first large-scale musical to take place here in over two years!
Watched by over 50,000 people during its first run in 2015, this home-grown musical tells Lee Kuan Yew’s story - from his student days in 1941 to Singapore’s independence in 1965.
Starring Adrian Pang and Kit Chan, with music by Dick Lee.
This is more than just one man’s story.
This is a tale of idealism, war, intrigue, betrayal, loyalty, determination, passion and love.
This is the story of Singapore.
The LKY Musical is an inspiring tale of facing hardship head-on, overcoming seemingly insurmountable challenges and rising from the ashes. With new musical arrangements and new songs, this is an ideal show to bring Singaporeans together after the challenging past couple of years.
This exciting project is the work of an international team of artists – with music by Singapore’s iconic musician and composer, Dick Lee; lyrics by Laurence Olivier Award winner Stephen Clark; book by Tony Petito; and story devised by Meira Chand. Directed by veteran London West End director Steven Dexter (Forbidden City).
Presented with subtitles for Mandarin-speaking audiences. 此音乐剧包含中文字幕.
| Steven Dexter
| Meira Chand
| Tony Petito
| Stephen Clark
| Dick Lee
| Dominique Devorsine
| Gabriel Chan
| Ctrl Fre@k – Jeffrey Yue
|| Ashley Lim
|| Andy Cai
|| Joanne Ho
|| Bang Wenfu
Kwa Geok Choo
| Kit Chan
Koh Teong Koo
| Sebastian Tan
Lee Kuan Yew
| Adrian Pang
| Seng Henk Goh
| Andy Yew
Yong Nyuk Lin
| Andrew Lua
Toh Chin Chye
| Joash Zheng
Goh Keng Swee
| Edward Choy
Lim Chin Siong
| Benjamin Chow
|Fong Swee Suan
|| Timothy Wan
|| Ebi Shankara
|Law Ah Haw
|| Bright Ong
|Tunku Abdul Rahman
|| Hatta Said
|Kwa Geok Choo Understudy
|| Vanessa Kee
Ensemble: Amin Alifin, Fauzi Aziz, Gabriel Nicholas, Joel Low, Koh Jing Sen, Md Al-Hafiz Bin Hosni, Mitch Leow and Shadi Yusuf.
|Date and Time
7 - 8 Sept
Thu - Sat
Ticket prices are exclusive of the booking fee.
15% Discount for Family & Friends Package of 4
- Applicable for A Res, B Res, C Res, excluding boxes.
- Minimum of 4 tickets to enjoy discount
10% Discount for PAssion Card Members
- Applicable to A Res, B Res and C Res, excluding boxes
- Quote or key first 4 digit of the PAssioncard as promo code
- Promtion is only valid from 1 June 2022.
15% Discount for Students, Senior Citizens (aged 55 & above) & NSFs
- Applicable to B Res and C Res. Present valid ID/Student Pass/SAF11B (Military IC).
- Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry.
- Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets.
The LKY Musical & Tea Exclusive In-Store Treat with TWG
- Show your tickets at any TWG outlets in Marina Bay Sands to enjoy the Singapore Breakfast Tea Set at $84 (U.P. $93).
- Subject to availability
- Applicable to all ticket holders, both electronic and hard tickets
- Applicable for redemption on actual show-day only for The LKY Musical ticket
- Entitled to 1 redemption per ticket
- Applicable for purchase at both TWG Tea outlets at Marina Bay Sands
- TWG Tea reserves the right to replace item(s) of similar value in the case of unavailable product(s).
Corporate and Group Packages
Contact Margaret at email@example.com for information on exclusive discounts and other corporate/group benefits.
Access Show: Saturday, 24 Sep 2022 | 2.30pm
Audio Described (AD) :
An Audio Described performance is for patrons who are Blind or Vision Impaired, who require the theatre performance to be described live by a trained Audio Describer. The performance is verbally described and transmitted to the audience members through their own mobile phone device with earphones.
Click here for the Audio Described Pre-show notes (Audio Version).
Click here for the Audio Described Pre-show Notes (Text Version).
Click here for a checklist to use the Audio Description service.
Singapore Sign Language Interpreted Performance (SgSL):
Sign Language Interpreted performances are designed to cater to patrons who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing. In a signed performance, there will be a trained interpreter who will be placed in a visible position on or near the stage. The interpreter will sign all auditory elements of the show using Singapore Sign Language. Advised by The Singapore Association of the Deaf, seating is allocated for each SgSL performance to provide an optimal view to both the show and the interpreter.
Open Captioning (OC) :
Captioned performances are designed to cater to d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing patrons. In a captioned performance, the actors' speech and technical cues, such as sound effects and music, will be described with text displayed on a screen(s) located near the stage. The trained captioner will operate each show live to ensure they adapt to the unique elements of each performance. Seating is specially allocated to provide an optimal view of the performance and the caption screen(s).
Contact SRT’s Box Office at 6733 8166 for more enquiries.
Before you book:
- Guests must either be (1) fully vaccinated, or have (2) recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days in Singapore, or be (3) medically ineligible for COVID-19 vaccination. Kindly refer to the section “Before You Go” for more information.
- Sales Channels: Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online.
- Online purchases (including show packages) are not eligible for Sands Rewards earnings & redemption. T&Cs apply.
- Decide the price category and number of tickets you require before clicking into the respective areas.
- Upon choosing your preferred seats, select your ticket type and then add to cart.
- Once you have confirmed your details, enter your payment details, and proceed to check out.
- An email confirmation and e-ticket with the event details will then be sent to you.
- Age restrictions: There will be no admission for individuals aged 3 and below. Those aged 4 and above will be required to purchase a ticket for admission. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Before you go:
- Must I be fully vaccinated to attend this event?
Yes, this event will adheres to vaccination-differentiated safe management measures (VDS). The following criteria must be met by all guests over the age of 12:
i. Fully vaccinated (i.e. with proof of vaccination status via the TraceTogether app or token, or HealthHub app); or
ii. Recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days in Singapore; or
iii. Medically ineligible for COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., with a physical Medical Ineligibility (MI) certificate issued by a local GP)
Unvaccinated children below the age of 12 are permitted, subject to prevailing eligibility requirements. Kindly refer to the Age Restriction policy of this performance in Before You Book.
- I am medically ineligible for Covid-19 vaccination, what should I take note of?
Guests are required to obtain a Medical Ineligibility (MI) certificate from a Local GP. Please note that Physical MI Document will be accepted.
- I have been vaccinated overseas. Can I attend the show?
Guests who have been vaccinated overseas must have their vaccination records updated in Singapore’s National Immunisation Registry. Vaccinated travellers (short term visitors) who are flying into Singapore to attend this show must be granted a temporary vaccination status upon arrival.
More details can be found on the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority website or the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) Post Vaccination Matters.
- My child (12 years or younger) is coming with me, what should I take note of?
Children aged 12 and below are exempted from vaccination-differentiated safe management measures, but are still subject to age restrictions for the show. They do not have to be from the same household if they are part of a group.
Guests who fail to present relevant identification or documents will be denied entry and will not receive a refund.
- How do I know what the end time of the performance is?
The show duration is estimated to last 150 minutes. Please factor an additional 30 minutes buffer to the end time in case of any delays.
- What do I need to present for entry on event day?
Guests must bring along the following items:
i. Original Government-issued photo identification for verification purposes (e.g. NRIC, FIN, Passport)
ii. Recovery Memo/Memo for individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days
iii. Physical Medical Ineligibility (MI) certificate issued by local GP for individuals who are medically ineligible for COVID-19 vaccination
Guests who also fail to bring their relevant identification or documents will be denied entry and no refund will be provided.
- Do I still need to wear a mask if I have completed the full vaccination regimen under the national vaccination programme?
No. The use of masks inside the event venue is optional for all guests.
- What happens if I am unable to attend the show as I am unwell and tested positive for Covid-19, or am well and tested positive?
If you are unable to attend the show because you are unwell or tested positive for Covid-19, or have been issued a Health Risk Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6348 5555 to request for a refund.
Refunds are issued on a case-by-case basis at the Promoter’s discretion and no refunds will be entertained after the event has started.
If you are unwell, please visit a medical professional as soon as possible for further assessment and provide us with the relevant documentation evidencing this, if you are requesting a refund. Please rest at home and refrain from attending any event, business, or activity.
- Will I be refunded if I am unable to attend the show for not meeting the requirements under the vaccination-differentiated safe management measures (VDS)?
No refund will be issued if you are unable to attend the show for not meeting VDS requirements.
If you are unable to attend the event due to extenuating circumstances, please contact us at email@example.com or +65 6348 5555 at least 72 hours in advance of the event.
- Will you be conducting vaccination checks for guests?
Yes, checks will be conducted to verify vaccination status via the TraceTogether App/Token or HealthHub app at the entrance of the venue.
- What time do I need to arrive before the show?
Doors open 60 minutes before the show.
- Can I purchase or bring my own food and drinks?
Food and drink items will not be allowed in the event hall. All food and beverage items will have to be discarded prior to entry.
- Will you have a cloak room available in case I need to deposit some of my belongings?
The cloak room will be available for this event.
- Will I be able to photograph or film the performance?
Photography, filming, and audio recording are strictly prohibited during the performance. All DSLR / cameras with interchangeable lens are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium and will need to be stored in the Cloakroom.
- Will I be able to use the restroom during the event?
Guests can access restrooms located at the venue during the event. We encourage attendees to use the restroom before entering event venue to avoid formation of long queues and/or waiting time. Please note you will only be re-admitted at a suitable break during the performance.
- Must I remain at my seat until the end of the event?
All guests are kindly asked to remain seated for the entire duration of the event and can approach ushers if they need any assistance.
- What are the hygiene and safety measures for attendees, staff and performers?
Marina Bay Sands is a SG Clean-certified venue and has stepped up the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all common areas and high-touch surfaces. The venue and the performers will comply with prevailing Safe Management Measures for Live Performances in support of the Government’s latest efforts.
Aside from mandatory SafeEntry check-in via the TraceTogether app or Token for all attendees, trained Safe Ambassadors will be deployed to disperse crowds.
For more information on Marina Bay Sands’ safety and hygiene measures, please refer to https://www.marinabaysands.com/company-information/sands-clean-and-safe.html
Be Our Friend
For the latest SRT news and to be the first to find out what shows are coming up next, like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. To enjoy benefits like complimentary tickets, click here to become a Friend of SRT.